Dr Saifullah Khan, BDS, MFD RCS(Ireland)
MFDS RCS(Glasgow), MSc Special Care Dentistry (UCL-Eastman Dental Institute, UK)
Special Care Dentist
Special Care Dentist
Dr Saifullah Khan has more than 10 years of broad based clinical experience in Oral surgery, paedontics, orthodontics and Special Care dentistry.
Dr Khan completed his Masters in Special Care Dentistry from the prestigious Eastman Dental institute of University College London. This training gave him the expertise in treating a wide spectrum of patients. These include:
- Medically compromised patients
- Patients with learning disabilities
- Patients with physical disabilities
- Anxious patients
- Special interest in Oral Surgery procedures for children, including fraenectomy
WHAT IS SPECIAL CARE DENTISTRY?
Dr Khan offers all forms of dental treatment, taking into account patients medical history and other complexities taking extra precautions where required. As a Special Care Dentist, Dr Saif deals with Oral Manifestations of systemic diseases including:
- Diabetes and other endocrine disorders
- Cancer and chemotherapy/radiotherapy
- Mental health conditions
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Bleeding disorders and patients on anticoagulant therapy
- Parkinson's, Dementia and other neurological disorders
- Polypharmacy and their oral effects
- Gastrointestinal and absorption disorders
- Osteoporosis and BRONJ
Dr. Khan has special interest in dental treatment of children, and has completed post-graduate courses at the Royal College of Surgeons. He provides quality treatment in a friendly manner using appropriate behaviour management techniques.
When required for more extensive treatment, children may be treated under General Anaesthesia at the St. Francis Hospital.
- Caries management
- Dental trauma management
- Developmental anomalies and management of stained teeth.
- Dental and Oral Mucosa Infection management
- Extractions & Space maintenance
- Preventive measures for children
- Dental management of medically compromised children
TREATMENT UNDER GENERAL ANAESTHETIC
All treatment is available under General anaesthetic in St Francis Hospital, Ballnderry. This includes a full examination, scale and polish, fillings and extractions.
Any patient with a complex medical condition. learning disability or anxiety/phobia of dental treatment can book in for a consultation with Dr Saif. Our Special Care coordinator will go through the booking process for St Francis Hospital with your patient.
Surgical Extraction €250.00
Wisdom tooth Extraction €250-€350
Treatment under GA From €1200
Oral Sedation €150